Text Size
  • Historic Farmhouse 

    Anne McGuire and Associates were hired by the Village of Carol Stream in October, 1996 to develop a Preservation Plan for the historic structure located on

    Lies Road in Carol Stream. Donated by Paquinelli Builders, this building is owned by the Village. Below are listed some of the findings.

      "Preliminary historic research indicates the site, historically known as the Stark Farm, was developed and farmed in a manner consistent with the farming trends in DuPage County. The house predates 1874. " 

      "The (house) is one of the last remaining farmsteads in the Village. With the donation of the Farmhouse, Farmhousethe Village seeks to preserve the house as a part of its heritage and to make it available for public use. " 

      "The one acre parcel on which the house stands is bounded on the south by Lies Road, on the north and west by new single family housing and on the east by a new park. The site is relatively flat with the house set well back from the road. Some mature trees remain, particularly on the south and west." 

      "The house is a two story gabled "ell" of frame construction on a stone foundation with a basement. On the front, south, gabled end is a one story bay. The original "ell" configuration has undergone several modifications."

    Home About Carol Stream News Archive Historic Farmhouse


    500 North Gary Avenue | Carol Stream, Illinois 60188 | Phone: (630) 665-7050 | TDD: (630) 668-5785 | Fax: (630) 665-1064