Flood Brothers Disposal Co. will resume yard waste pick up service beginning the April 7th collection week. Residents are required to place their yard waste in either a 33-gallon can without a lid or a commercial kraft yard waste bag. On the evening of your designated collection day, residents can place their yard waste at curbside with a valid yard waste sticker affixed to the handle of the can or the side of the yard waste bag facing streetside. Grass clippings, leaves, branches, brush trimmings, garden trimmings, vines, garden plants, flowers, weeds, tree droppings (pine cones, ornamental fruit) and other types of organic waste from lawns, vegetable or flower gardens, trees and shrubbery are acceptable yard wastes for curbside collection. Residents can purchase yard waste sticker(s) for $2.15 each at any of the following 6 area sticker outlets:
- Carol Stream Municipal Center – 500 N. Gary Ave. at Hiawatha Dr.
- Police Records Bureau– 500 N. Gary Ave. at Hiawatha Dr. (after hours & on weekends)
- Jewel Foods – 750 W. Army Trail Rd. (Heritage Plaza Shopping Center)
- Meijer’s – 130 S. Gary Ave at Schick Rd. in Bloomingdale
- Valli Produce – 155 E. North Ave. at Bloomingdale Rd. in Glendale Heights
- Butera Market - 998 W. Army Trail Rd.
- Caputo's Fresh Market - 520 E. North Ave.
Any senior citizen at least 65 years of age living alone or with their spouse in their principal residence will be eligible for a 35% discount off the monthly refuse rate. The contractor will process all requests for discounted ;senior rates through an application requiring a current/valid picture identification that lists the birth date of the applicant/homeowner. Phone Flood Brother's Disposal Co. at (630) 261-0578 to request an application.
Thank you for your cooperation in making the Village’s solid waste collection and disposal service among the finest in DuPage County.