Single Family Refuse, Recycling & Yard Waste Collection Program
January 1, 2010 - December 31, 2014
Village of Carol Stream single-family residences are served by Flood Brothers Disposal & Recycling Systems Co. of Oak Brook Terrace, Illinois, which has a multi-year franchise agreement with the Village to collect general refuse, yard waste and recycling from single-family residences through December 31, 2014. Flood Brother's service fleet is orange, white and green striped with Flood Brother's name detailed on the side of the collection trucks.
The Village began a 65-gallon recycling toter program on January 1, 2006. When using the 65-gallon recycling toter please observe the following guidelines:
- Do Not overfill the toter so the lid cannot close
- Do Not exceed the toter's 150 lb. weight limit
- Do Not bag your recyclables in paper or plastic
- Do Not place excess recyclables on the toter lid
- Do set out the toter so its handle faces the home and the opening faces the street. Please Click here for an example of correct placement
- Do keep a 2 ft. clearance on all sides of the toter
- Do flatten boxes and card board into 2"x 2' squares
Please call Flood Brothers at (630) 261-0578 if you have any additional recycling. Thank you for caring for the environment and for recycling.