News articles can be filtered by department or by category. The default view is providing you a list of all the news articles currently available.
Mayor's Phase 4 Update
Post Date:06/24/2020 8:00 AM
Return to full list >>
Thank you for your hard work and patience. We are excited to share that Illinois COVID-19 cases have significantly improved, allowing us to move to Phase 4! This new phase, beginning June 26th, allows the reopening or expansion of businesses – such as health and fitness, movie theaters, museums, and indoor dining at restaurants. I know I can continue to count on your cooperation. By wearing face coverings, physical distancing, and complying with these new regulations we can support our community safely.
Below are some Phase 4 guidelines and revisions from the State:
- Meetings and events: Venues and meeting spaces can host up to 50 people OR 50% of room capacity, whichever is LESS. This includes activities such as conferences and weddings.
- Indoor and Outdoor recreation: Revised guidelines allow select indoor recreation facilities (e.g., bowling alleys, skating rinks), as well as clubhouses to reopen. Indoor recreation to operate at lesser of 50 customers OR 50% of facility capacity with outdoor recreation allowing group sizes of up to 50; concessions permitted with restrictions.
- Indoor Dining: Indoor dining can reopen with groups of 10 or less, with tables spaced 6-feet apart in seated areas and with standing areas at no more than 25% of capacity.
- Cinema and Theatre: Indoor seated theaters and performing arts centers to allow the lesser of up to 50 guests OR 50% of capacity (applies to each screening room); outdoor capacity limited to 20% of theater or performance capacity; concessions permitted with restrictions.
- Outdoor seated spectator events: Outdoor spectator sports can resume with no more than 20% of seating capacity; concessions permitted with restrictions.
- Youth and Recreational Sports: Competitive gameplay and tournaments allowed; youth and recreational sports venues can operate at 50% of facility capacity, 20% seating capacity for spectators, and group sizes up to 50 with multiple groups permitted during practice and competitive games if venues appropriately social distance and can limit interaction between groups; concessions permitted with restrictions.
- Health and fitness centers: Revised guidelines allow gyms to open at 50% capacity and allow group fitness classes of up to 50 people with new safety guidelines for indoors, with multiple groups permitted if facilities have space to appropriately social distance and can limit interaction between groups.
- Day camps: Water-based activities permitted by IDPH guidelines; no more than 50% of facility capacity with group size of no more than 15 participants in a group.
Please remember to continue regular cleanings, employee health screenings, and allow employees who can work from home to do so. Because of the responsible behavior of our residents and businesses we will be able to continue progressing through the Restore Illinois Plan.
Thank you, and remember to shop Carol Stream!
Mayor Frank Saverino Sr.