Yard Waste Collection Begins April 1
The Village reminds residents that Yard Waste Collections began April 1. See below for some helpful guidelines, or visit our Residential Garbage & Recycling page for more details.
Yard Waste Guidelines
- Residents may place yard waste in 32-gallon cans or yard waste paper bags.
- Yard waste cans or bags must be affixed with a yard waste sticker and cannot weigh more than 50 pounds.
- Branches need to be in bundles no longer than 4 feet and no larger than 2 feet in diameter. Each bundle must be affixed with one yard waste sticker.
- Brush and logs cannot weigh more than 50 pounds and cannot be longer than 4 feet or wider than 2 feet in diameter. Brush and logs placed at the curb must have a yard waste sticker affixed to them.
Yard-Waste Sticker Locations
Yard-waste stickers may be purchased at the following locations:
- Carol Stream Municipal Center – 500 N Gary Ave. (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
- Police Records Bureau– 500 N Gary Ave. (after hours & on weekends)
- Jewel Foods – 750 W. Army Trail Rd. (Heritage Plaza Shopping Center)
- Valli Produce – 155 E. North Ave. at Bloomingdale Rd. in Glendale Heights
- Caputo's Fresh Market - 520 E. North Ave.
Prevent Street Flooding- Clear Storm Inlets Near Your Home
The first monthly Village-wide street sweep of the season begins the week of March 25. While the sweep does help clear our roads of debris, the Village asks residents to monitor the storm sewer inlets near their home and make sure they are free of leaves and other materials, especially after yard maintenance.
This debris can clog the storm sewer grates and prevent rainwater from flowing into the sewer, which can lead to street flooding.