News articles can be filtered by department or by category. The default view is providing you a list of all the news articles currently available.
Post Date:12/10/2019 9:27 AM
The U.S. Census Bureau is recruiting thousands for the 2020 Census. Jobs for the 2020 Census offer flexible hours and competitive wages with census takers in DuPage County making $29.50 an hour and $0.58 per mile.
Candidates must be U.S. citizens 18 years or older by February 2020 and be able to pass a federal background check. Bilingual candidates are highly desired. Veterans may be eligible for preferential hiring.
Hours are flexible and in general, Census takers should expect to work part time, often during the evening and on weekends when residents are at home.
Census takers will typically be employed for about six weeks, with the majority of the work occurring from May to July 2020.
Census takers will need reliable transportation — usually a car or access to good public transportation. They will be reimbursed for mileage driven on their personal vehicles, as well as for public transportation taken to trainings.
Census takers may:
- Knock on doors of households that have not yet participated in the Census
- Interview residents, explaining the purpose of the Census, answering questions, and recording answers
- Use smartphones provided by the Census to record information
- Maintain and submit records of hours worked, miles driven, and job expenses
- Meet with supervisor on procedures, issues or concerns, and receive instructions
- Attend team meetings and communicate with other Census takers via phone
Candidates will be notified if they have moved forward to the interview process via e-mail. They will also be updated via e-mail and physical mail about the results of their background check. Apply online today and help your community reach a complete count or attend the Carol Stream Public Library Hiring Event, Jan. 24th from 10 AM-2 PM.