Changes to Municipal Services: COVID-19
On March 19, 2020 Mayor Pro Tem McCarthy signed an emergency declaration that gives the Village the ability to activate emergency resources if necessary.
Based on updated COVID-19 (Coronavirus) social distancing recommendations, the Village of Carol Stream will be ending public access to Village Hall and the Police Records Department as of March 20, 2020. Unless otherwise approved, only staff and elected officials will be allowed access to the Municipal Building. While critical operations, such as Police emergency response and Public Works water and sanitation services will continue, other administrative services will be temporarily reduced to prevent the spread of COVID-19. To view cases in DuPage County visit this map.
The April 6th Budget Public Hearing and Board Meeting was done electronically. We expect to employ electronic meetings as needed during this pandemic.
Residential Garbage and Recycling still active (No changes to schedule).
Residents are encouraged to take advantage of online Village services and call or e-mail the Village with questions during regular business hours.
Online Services include:
- Water bill payment (you can also use the outside drop box)
- Parking violation payment
- Job Applications
- Building permit guides
- FOIA Request
- Overnight Parking Request
- Vacation Watch Request
- Police Contact Form
- Code Violation Report Form
- And more!
Services Temporarily Suspended:
- Fingerprint and Background Checks
- Solicitor Permits
- Itinerant Vendor Licensing
Below is contact information for each Village Department:
- Police Emergency: 911
- Village Hall Main Line: (630) 665-7050
- Administration: (630) 871-6250 or AdminDept@carolstream.org
- Police Non-Emergency: (630) 668-2167
- Public Works: (630) 871-6260 or email@example.com
- Water Billing: (630) 871-6222 or FinanceDept@carolstream.org
- Finance: (630) 871-6225 or FinanceDept@carolstream.org
- Community Development: (630) 871-6230 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Engineering: (630) 871-6220 or EngDept@carolstream.org
- Garbage and Recycling: (630) 261-0400
Also the Library is offering digital services including library card registration which gives you access to digital resources like live online tutoring, e-books and digital audiobooks for all ages, lifelong learning classes, plus streaming movies, TV shows, and music.
We are grateful for your understanding during these unprecedented times and thank you for supporting the health of our community. Information and circumstances are changing rapidly and we will continue to keep our information resources up to date.