Carol Stream’s proximity to major expressways, airports, and the city of Chicago make it an attractive location for businesses looking to expand or relocate.
- O’Hare International Airport, the largest airport in Illinois, is located approximately 20 miles, or about a 35-minute drive, northeast of Carol Stream.
- Chicago Midway Airport is a major commercial airport on the southwest side of Chicago. It is located about 35 miles from Carol Stream, or a 50-minute drive.
- DuPage County Airport is a general aviation airport located about 10 miles away from Carol Stream in the City of West Chicago, and can meet business aviation needs for businesses in the Village’s industrial parks.
Highways and Roadways:
- Carol Stream is in close proximity to I-355 (Veteran’s Memorial Tollway) via North Avenue, an interstate route which connects local commuters and businesses to both I-290 (Eisenhower Expressway) and I-88 (Ronald Reagan Memorial Tollway).
- Commuters can also travel via Gary Avenue to I-390 (Elgin-O’Hare Tollway) which provides convenient access to the northwest suburbs.
- Besides North Avenue, other major east-west roadways in the Village include Army Trail Road, St. Charles Road, and Geneva Road. Major north-south roadways include Gary Avenue, County Farm Road, and Schmale Road.
A 2019 traffic count map provides traffic count data along major State and County roadways running through Carol Stream.
Pace is the transit provider of Chicago's suburbs. Pace serves Carol Stream riders with the Route 709 and 711 fixed bus routes and certain Dial-a-Ride programs. More information can be found in the mass transit section of the website.
The Metra Rail System can be accessed in nearby Hanover Park and Bartlett along the Milwaukee District/West Line (MD-W) that goes from Elgin to Chicago, and in Wheaton along the Union Pacific/West Line (UP-W) which goes from Elburn to Chicago. Additional information can be found in the mass transit section of the website.