Businesses located in Carol Stream are required to register with the Village annually. Registration is completed on a calendar year basis and also includes other fees and registrations related to:
- Tobacco dealers
- Vending machines
- Amusement devices
- Game room owners/operators
- Special license classifications
- Instructions on registering your business with the Village: Business Registration Instructions
- Print a Business Registration form: Business Registration Form
Carol Stream residents may operate lawful businesses or occupations out of their homes, provided that the business can be conducted in accordance with the Village's regulations for home occupations.
- Informational Handout for Home Occupation Regulations
- Carol Stream Zoning Code - Home Occupations
- Home Occupation Statement of Compliance
Applicants seeking to operate a business out of their home must:
- Annually complete and remit related business registration application and fees.
- Complete and submit the Home Occupation Statement of Compliance.