Over service of alcohol can be a problem for both communities and liquor establishments. Over serving can lead to property destruction, bodily injury, civil liability and even loss of life. Responsible service can make your establishment safer and ensure the return of customers to your business. The Carol Stream Police Department offers the B.A.S.S.E.T. program to train and educate liquor licensees and their employees to serve alcohol in a responsible fashion.
The Illinois Liquor Control Commission (ILCC) encourages participation in B.A.S.S.E.T. training to:
- Create a safer environment where alcohol is served
- Prevent DUI’s, alcohol related traffic injuries and fatalities
- Protect business owners from unnecessary court litigations
Topics Covered in B.A.S.S.E.T. Training
- How alcohol affects the body
- Blood alcohol concentration or BAC
- Prevention and intervention techniques
- Information about Illinois state laws and statutes pertaining to alcohol service
- Proper techniques in checking ID’s
- Dram Shop law and liability
Participants will receive four hours of instruction required for certification through the Illinois Liquor Control Commission. Certificates will be issued upon completion of the course.
The class will be given by a certified B.A.S.S.E.T. instructor.
Tuesday, April 16, 2019 Tuesday, June 11, 2019 Tuesday, August 27, 2019 Tuesday, October 15, 2019 Tuesday, December 17, 2019