Welcome to Carol Stream. This section is designed to provide our residents with relevant information for living in Carol Stream.
We are glad to welcome you to the community. Below you will find some quick information and links that can be useful for new residents.
- Carol Stream Fast Facts is a printable document with quick highlights of important information.
- Our Local Telephone Directory can help you get in contact with important agencies in the area.
- Community Portal is a useful tool to use your home address to determine your refuse schedule, school districts, elected officials, and more.
- As a resident, you must establish refuse (garbage) services with the Village's designated hauler.
- The village has franchise agreements for many Utility Services such as electricity, phone, cable, and natural gas.
- Residents are automatically signed up for water service once the Villages receives a receipt of a property's transfer of ownership. Residents receive Lake Michigan water through the DuPage Water Commission and are billed monthly by the Village of Carol Stream. You can pay your bill online, by mail, or in person.
- Within 60 days of moving into the Village or acquiring a vehicle, residents must purchase a biannual Vehicle Sticker. Vehicle Registration can be done by mail or in person at our municipal center.
- The Village regulates outdoor watering year round based on odd/even house address numbers and hourly restrictions for continuous (lawn sprinklers) watering. For example, addresses ending in an even number may water on even numbered dates, but not between the hours of 10 AM to 4 PM. Hand watering with a shutoff type nozzle is not restricted.
- You may want to update your voting information online.
- To stay up to date on Village activities, visit our Communication page.
Carol Stream is well situated to offer residents all the comfort of a tight-knit community while still providing easy access across the suburbs and to downtown Chicago. Residents can easily travel the forty-minute commute via the Wheaton, Bartlett or Hanover Park Metra train stations to access the Chicago Loop; an area well know for its many business, entertainment, and cultural activities. Local commuters will also find easy access to I-290 Eisenhower Expressway and the Elgin-O’Hare Expressway which provides convenient commuter access to the northwest suburbs.
Carol Stream finds success as a community due to the coordinated efforts of all of our local agencies, nonprofits, residents, and businesses. You may utilize our many map features to learn about bike paths, school boundaries, property information, and much more. You can also use our Community Portal tool to discover your elected officials, school districts, refuse schedule and so much more.