The Village of Carol Stream residents are served by the following local providers (additional providers are available and some providers listed below may offer additional services):
- Commonwealth Edison (ComEd)
- In Illinois you have a choice in your electric supplier. You can learn more about your options through the Illinois Commerce Commission.
- Residents receive Lake Michigan water through the DuPage Water Commission and are billed monthly by the Village of Carol Stream. You can pay your bill online, by mail, or in person.
Carol Stream has policies to make sure water is used efficiently. Properties may only be watered, with a sprinkler system, on odd or even days lined up with the property's address. The sprinkling or watering of lawns, trees and other vegetation is prohibited between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. daily. New lawns may be exempted from this provision, with Engineering Services approval.
- Utility Bill assistance is available through the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program.
- Utility marking is available free of charge through JULIE. Call JULIE at 811 before you dig.
Scavengers and Refuse Haulers
Carol Stream residents are served by Flood Brothers Disposal & Recycling Systems Co., which has an exclusive franchise agreement to collect general refuse, yard waste and recycling from residents living in single-family homes and in multi-family rental communities. Additional scavengers include:
- Advanced Disposal
- Flood Brothers Disposal
- Groot Industries
- Lakeshore Recycling
- Molenhouse Enterprises
- Waste Management